Monday, February 1, 2010

Between You & Me by Julia Clarke-Caroline 7S


Jade and Jack have been friends forever, right since kindergarden. In school they have to do a big art project about life ; Jade chooses to make it about her childhood, and Jack about animals. So Jade asks her dad to show her the place where he and her mum and baby Jade used to live before her dad got lots of money and buildt their own house. Jade's dad shows her and it's really lousy and in the 'poor' end of the city. There, her dad meets some of their old friends, Nola and her nineteen years old son, Finn. Jade gets to work in Nola's shop, where she does some of her art homework. But why is it that she all the drawings she does of Finn are so great and she remembers every little ditail about him? And whats up with Jack? I enjoyed reading this book alot, because it's got some interesting twists and thing happening were you think 'really? I never thought that would happen!'. Also, it's quite different to other books that I've read and that really captures my attention.

No comments: