Saturday, April 17, 2010

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Maureen Johnson) EVITA 7S

I'm guessing you're surprised that I'm not reading another clique book.
Well it's because Nathalie hasn't given me the next one to borrow and
because I've been reading this book along the side while I read the others
and now I finally finished it! :D .... anyway it was a really good book in
my opinion.

What happens is that this girl called Virginia (but everyone
calls her Ginny) gets 13 little blue envelopes from her Aunt who had
recently died from a brain tumour. And while her Aunt was sick she
planned all this for Ginny. Each envelope had a task inside and it was
kind of a game because her Aunt told her (in the letter) to open them
one by one. After she completed the task inside the envelope she could
open the next one.

So Ginny just gets on a plane and goes to England
where she meets a man called Richard who her Aunt said she would be
staying with for the time being. Ginny then meets Keith, who makes her
fall head over heels in love with him. But she doesn't know if she is
ever going to see him again because her next letter tells her to go to
Scotland. But luckily he has to go there because of some theatre job
performance thing so he decides to go with her.

Then she goes to Italy and meets Beppe who takes her back to his
apartment and tries to take off her clothes! She doesn't like this
because she is in love with Keith so she quickly runs away.

But then she has to go to Paris so she leaves him. In Paris her task
is to find a restaurant that her Aunt painted herself.

This is the sweet part, when Ginny goes to check her mail Keith is on
and he asks her where she is. She tells him she's in Paris and she also tells
him the hotel etc. Later he comes to Paris from England just to see her!
He takes her into a graveyard (not exactly romantic) and they kiss! :D
But then a guard catches them kissing and tells them to leave.

That night they don't have anywhere to stay so they sleep on a park
bench. See this book isn't really romantic but it's sweet.

In the end Ginny reads all TWELVE 12 envelopes but loses the last one
because when she goes to Greece (because of the task in the 12th envelope)
some thieves stole her bag along with all her clothes and the envelope
but luckily she had her passport and bank card in her pocket.
When she returns to England she finds out that her Aunt Peg (I don't think
I ever told you her name) was married to Richard! So all this time he was
her uncle. She uncovers the mystery that was the 13th envelope without
having to read it. Then finally she leaves to go back home to America
of course she will miss Keith but that's the end so I have no idea what
happened to their 'something'. :)

BYE :)
Love Evita

P.S The reason I wrote something in 's was because in the book when Ginny asks him he says "Yeah, we are definitely 'something"

<3

No comments: